We offer evening Portuguese courses, duo lessons and private tuition to suit all levels. Whether you are a complete beginner interested in learning a new language, or an experienced speaker looking to brush up on your existing skills, we offer a range of Portuguese classes to suit you.
If you are unsure of your level, we will happily schedule a free assessment with no obligations before the course begins.
Evening Group lessons
Once per week from 18:30 to 20:00 for 1.5 hours.
- 12 weeks with 5 to 10 students in the group
- 10 weeks with 4 students in the group
- 8 weeks with 3 students in the group
The full cost is £190 per term (course materials and refreshments included).
2020 terms: January, April and September.
One-to-one tuition is available all year round with one of our experienced teachers. You will benefit from individual attention and lessons tailored to your unique needs and requirements. One-to-one tuition is available in blocks of 5 X 90 minutes. This option is ideal for students who want to see fast progress in a short period of time.
- The most effective and intensive way to learn a language, or to brush up on existing language skills
- 100% flexible: the structure of the lessons is personally tailored to suit the individual learning needs and requirements
- Increased confidence with a fully focused, bespoke programme designed for the individual
- Business Private Lessons: 5×90 minutes £500
- General Private Lessons: 5×90 minutes £425
Enrol now using the form below
Flexible time and date, minimum of 2 lessons at any time.
This option includes private tuition for 2 students. Each lesson is 90 minutes.
Fee per block: £285
(all course materials and refreshments included)
You can start anytime all year round.
Enrol now using the form below
Why learn with us?
- Our classes are run in small groups (max. 10), meaning you’ll have plenty of speaking practice!
- Our qualified trainers are native-speakers and come from a variety of educational and professional backgrounds
- We care about your progress. Where other courses might leave you in pairs to practice with someone at the same level as you, our trainer pays attention to each individual student and is always on hand to correct errors along the way
- There are no mixed-level groups
- We provide all materials as required – including textbooks!
- We offer excellent customer service in a friendly atmosphere. Each member of our team has a strong language learning and/or teaching background with a passion for the field
- Our language centre is centrally located in the West End of Edinburgh on Shandwick Place
- And finally… all of our students can enjoy free tea and coffee all the time!
The inlingua Method
At inlingua you learn to communicate in your target language in the same way as you learned your mother tongue. It’s an intensive, world-renowned method where trainers teach in the target language, using pictures and role-plays rather than direct translations. They encourage you to participate actively in the classroom, helping you to pick up your new language as quickly as possible.
From day one, the trainer’s aim is to encourage you to speak as much as possible whilst integrating skills in reading, writing and listening into the lesson.
Terms and conditions
Group tuition at inlingua Edinburgh
For less than 5 students we adjust the course length as follows:
- 5-10 students : 12 weeks
- 4 students : 10 weeks
- 3 students : 8 weeks
Lessons are good for one year from date of enrolment.
We accept payment by cheque, payable to inlingua Language Centre, or by transfer to Bank.
- Lessons must be paid in advance, translations & interpreting on receipt of invoice.
- Each lesson is 45 minutes – we teach a minimum of 2 private lessons at any time.
- Student agrees to monitoring of lessons for pedagogical purposes by Supervisory Personnel.
- In order to postpone or reschedule private/duo lessons, we must be notified by 12.00h of the working day preceding the lessons. After that, late notices and/ or cancellations are subject to a 50% fee of the lesson amount in question. Cancellations on the same day are subject to 100% cancellation fee.
- There are no cancellation or rescheduling privileges for group lessons.
- Once the course has started, no refunds will be possible.
- The school reserves the right to reduce the timetable for groups of less than 5 students.