Our Business English Mini Group course is designed exclusively for professionals and business people. Classes are held in small groups with a maximum of 4 students to ensure optimum conditions for peer learning with plenty of access to a trainer. Participants will significantly improve their language skills, allowing them to work confidently in an English-speaking business environment.
The course is aimed at people with an intermediate level of English or above and includes the following modules:
- Telephone conversations
- Report writing
By the end of this course, clients should be able to:
- Communicate confidently and fluently in English
- Deliver clear and effective presentations
- Participate in meetings and negotiations on equal terms and be able to influence, persuade, compromise and be assertive
- Communicate with a high level of grammatical accuracy and vocabulary
- Extract all relevant information from written text
- Write reports, letters and emails
- Deal with telephone calls and video conferences effectively
- Deal with intercultural and social situations
- Discuss current affairs and business topics
Example Business English Course Timetable:
Monday – Friday
9.30 – 12.45
Each week, we collaborate with the group to assess their needs and problem areas and design the course accordingly. The trainer will focus on language errors with controlled practice and exercises.
Speaking/Listening Skills for Spoken Performance
This includes the following areas:
- Presentations: role-plays, voice projection, posture, body language and confidence
- Meetings and negotiations: how to influence and persuade, compromise, be assertive and solve problems
- Socialising, interview and intercultural skills
- Telephoning and video conferencing skills
- Case studies
13.45 – 17.00
Reading/Writing skills for Written Communication
This part of the course will focus on written skills such as report writing, emails and general business correspondence. There will also be a group discussion based on a business-related topic or text. This section will also focus on vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation problems along with any other requests.
Please note the above timetable is a guide only and may vary depending on the chosen course option.
See our full range of professional and business English courses here!